The University Career Center offers multiple resources and services to students preparing for a career in law.
If you need assistance with:
- Determining if a JD is for you
- Identifying opportunities to volunteer or work in law-related settings
- Discussing ways to prepare for a legal career
- Building a flle with strong reference letters
- Connecting with law school admissions representatives
- Preparing for those rare interviews
- Discussing gap years and alternate plans....
The University Career Center can help!
- Timely info about pre-law opportunities and events through the Law Career Track: Join via your Handshake account and read the Law Track Guide to get you started.
- Ideas and resources for local co-curricular engagement
- Jobs/internship postings nationwide via your Handshake account
- Connections with law schools' admissions representatives through one-on-one consultations, mock law classes, programs and the annual Law Day
- More connections with UM alumni in law school and beyond via UCAN, the University Career Alumni Network
- One-on one appointments*
*Individualized assistance with class choice, LSAT preparation, application timing and mechanics, personal statement and other essays' reviews, etc. is available through the Newnan Advising Center and possibly also through pre-law advisors within your School, College, Department or Program. For an appointment in Newnan, call 734/764-0332.