The University Career Center offers multiple resources and services to students preparing for a career in law.
If you need assistance with:
- Determining if a JD is for you
- Identifying opportunities to volunteer or work in law-related settings
- Discussing ways to prepare for a legal career
- Building a file with strong reference letters
- Connecting with law school admissions representatives
- Preparing for those rare interviews
- Discussing gap years and alternate plans....
The University Career Center can help!
- Timely info about pre-law opportunities and events through the Law Career Track: Join via your Handshake account and read the Law Track Guide to get you started.
- Ideas and resources for local co-curricular engagement
- Jobs/internship postings nationwide via your Handshake account
- Connections with law schools' admissions representatives through one-on-one consultations, mock law classes, programs and the annual Law Day
- More connections with UM alumni in law school and beyond via UCAN, the University Career Alumni Network
- One-on one appointments*
*Individualized assistance with class choice, LSAT preparation, application timing and mechanics, personal statement and other essays' reviews, etc. may be available through the academic advisors and career professionals within your School, College, Department or Program.