Apply online to current openings found on:
- Organizational websites- Most organizations have a “careers” page for you to view current openings (and sometimes recruiter contact information which allows you to reach out in another way by sending your resume directly to that person!)
- Handshake- The UCC sponsored job board with thousands of postings specifically for U-M students.
- Broad job/internship boards- The two most popular are Indeed and LinkedIn. Use one of these to find out about opportunities at organizations you don’t already have on your prospect list.
- Industry specific job boards- Talk to people in your desired industry (hint: use alumni in UCAN!) to find out where jobs for specific industries are posted. For example, government jobs use USAJobs.gov and many nonprofit organizations use Idealist. Check out The Muse’s list of industry specific job boards.
Additional Information on Handshake
Handshake is your pathway to career connections. Through this tool you can:
- Explore job and internship openings
- Engage in on-campus recruiting opportunities
- Develop and track your goals and next steps
- Identify events and workshops including connecting with University Career Center staff, graduate/professional schools and employers
Handshake is available to all current degree-seeking UM-Ann Arbor students and recent grads (up to 2 years after your graduation date).
Click the button below and use your UM unique name and Kerberos password to authenticate and access your account.
Log In to Your Handshake Account
Need help? Contact support.joinhandshake.
Comments for the University Career Center? Let us know: email@example.com
HANDSHAKE HOW-TO ARTICLES/VIDEOS
Want help on how to best use Handshake? Check out the following articles & videos:
How To Search for Jobs & Internships in Handshake
- Article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693408
- Video: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219426877
How To Set Saved Searches
How To Complete Your Profile
How To Make Your Profile Searchable
As you consider Handshake postings and events: Job, internship, and event postings are included due to their potential interest to students. Inclusion of a posting does not imply school endorsement of the particular program, opportunity or school/employer described.