If you need assistance with:
- Exploring the health professions
- Identifying opportunities to volunteer, engage in research and shadow practitioners
- Discussing ways to develop pre-med/health competencies
- Building a strong flle with reference letters
- Connecting with professional students and admissions representatives
- Preparing for your interviews
- Discussing gap years and alternate plans....
The University Career Center can help!
- Relevant communication, activities and events via the Health Career Track
- Ideas for beyond the classroom preparation
- Timely group application coaching through the current Med App site
- Connections with current health professions students and practitioners via UCAN, the UM University Career Alumni Network
- Connections with medical health professions schools' admissions representatives through one-on-one consultations, crawls, immersions and fairs
- One-on one appointments*
*Individualized assistance with academic requirements, MCAT/DAT/PCAT/OAT etc. preparation, application timing and mechanics, school selection, completion of primary and secondary applications, personal statement and other essays' reviews, etc. is available through the Newnan Advising Center and possibly also through the pre-health academic advisors within your School, College, Department or Program. For an appointment in Newnan, call 734/764-0332.