If you need assistance with:
- Exploring the health professions
- Discussing ways to develop pre-med/health competencies
- Identifying opportunities to volunteer, engage in research and shadow practitioners
- Creating resumes and cover letters
- Building a strong file with reference letters
- Connecting with professional students and admissions representatives
- Preparing for interviews
- Discussing gap years and alternate plans....
The University Career Center can help!
- Relevant communication, activities and events via the Health Career Track
- Ideas for beyond the classroom preparation
- Timely group application coaching through the current Med App site
- Resume, cover letter and interview tools and resources
- Connections with current health professions students and practitioners via UCAN, the UM University Career Alumni Network
- Access to medical and health professions schools' admissions representatives through special events and programs--check your Handshake account for upcoming events
- One-on-one appointments* for preparation beyond the classroom, interview practice, gap years, regrouping after unsuccessful application, etc.
*Individualized assistance with academic requirements, MCAT/DAT/PCAT/OAT etc. preparation, completion of primary and secondary applications, personal statement and other essays' reviews, etc. may be available through the academic advisors and career professionals within your School, College, Department or Program.