If you need assistance with:
- Exploring the health professions
- Identifying opportunities to volunteer, engage in research and shadow practitioners
- Discussing ways to develop pre-med/health competencies
- Building a strong flle with reference letters
- Connecting with professional students and admissions representatives
- Preparing for your interviews
- Discussing gap years and alternate plans....
The University Career Center can help!
- Relevant communication, activities and events via the Health Career Track
- Ideas for beyond the classroom preparation
- Timely group application coaching through the current Med App site
- Connections with current health professions students and practitioners via UCAN, the UM University Career Alumni Network
- Connections with medical health professions schools' admissions representatives through one-on-one consultations, crawls, immersions and fairs
- One-on one appointments* for preparation beyond the classroom, interview practice, gap years, regrouping after unsuccessful application, etc.
*Individualized assistance with academic requirements, MCAT/DAT/PCAT/OAT etc. preparation, completion of primary and secondary applications, personal statement and other essays' reviews, etc. is available through the Newnan Advising Center and possibly also through the pre-health academic advisors within your School, College, Department or Program. For an appointment in Newnan, call 734/764-0332.