All University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Fall 2020 recruiting activities will be virtual and the University Career Center is here to help you connect with students in advance of your remote interviews.
Schedule interview appointments through Handshake. Or, if you prefer to use your own system to schedule, then advertise your interview date, job posting(s) and application period to students on Handshake.
Reservations will include “VIRTUAL” in the name and description and there will be no room assignments. Within Handshake you will be able to provide links for students to connect to the platform you're using for the remote interviews.
Handshake partners with multiple universities, so be sure your user account is approved with "The University of Michigan" as one of your Handshake schools in order to submit an interview request to us.
Interview Dates 2020 - 2021
When planning your interview day, please refer to the University academic calendar for semester start and end dates, breaks, holidays and final exams. Please be advised that as University plans unfold there may be changes to the fall semester.
|Remote interviews only
Virtual interviews hosted on your choice of service
September 9 – November 20, 2020
For full scheduling process through Handshake,
To list date, post jobs and collect applications,
|In-person &/or remote - to be determined||
January 20 – April 9, 2021
Questions may be directed to Kathleen Beardmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Job Fairs
The University Career Center hosts several job fairs throughout the academic year. Consider attending one or more of these as part of your recruiting plan:
- Consulting & Finance Career Fair - September 4, 2020
- Actuarial Career Expo - September 24, 2020
- Job & Internship Fair: Advertising, Marketing, Media and Entertainment - October 2, 2020
- Business Operations Fair - October 9, 2020
- Job & Internship Fair: Nonprofit, Government, & Gap Year - October 16, 2020
- Job & Internship Fair: Health, Science, Data Science and Research - October 23, 2020
- Winter Job & Internship Fair - February 3, 2021
- Education Job Fair - April 13, 2021
Other campus recruiting resources
The University Career Center is the centralized career resource for University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. We provide services to students from all fields of study and all degree levels. However, you may also find it useful to connect with other career offices across campus who host interviews:
- For engineering and computer science positions: Engineering Career Resource Center
- If recruiting needs are limited to MBA, supply chain management, accounting and BBA students: Michigan Ross School of Business
- For a comprehensive list of all career offices within the University of Michigan system please visit HireBlue
Sample Interview Schedules
Our standard interview schedules created on Handshake begin at 8:30 a.m. and include mid-morning, lunch, and mid-afternoon breaks. See below for the start and end times for each interview.
If you require different hours for your remote interviews we'll happily make the adjustments within your Handshake reservation.
- 30-minute Interview Schedule (12 interviews)
- 45-minute Interview Schedule (9 interviews)
- 60-minute Interview Schedule (6 interviews)
30-minute Interview Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
45-minute Interview Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
60-minute Interview Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.