1:1 Career Advising - Offered by our Peer Advisors
- Resume Writing and Reviews
- Cover Letter Writing and Reviews
- Interviewing Tips and Strategies
- Handshake Overviews
- LinkedIn Overviews
- Mock Interviews
1:1 Career Advising and Counseling - Offered by our Career Coaches and Career Advisors
- Career assessment test result interpretations
- Career decision making and preparation
- Exploring career and major options
- Feeling overwhelmed/lost about where to start
- Finding direction and clarifying future goals
- Getting Started on your career goals
- Identifying your interests, values, skills and passions
- Internship search strategy
- Job search strategy
- Making connections between your UM experience and your future
- Negotiating Job/Internship Offers
- Networking/informational interviewing
- PhD academic/non-academic job search
- Using social media tools in your job/internship search
- Make an appointment - Offered daily from 8am-5pm in-person, by phone, or by Google Hangout.
- Check out Handshake for a complete list of workshops, programs, and group offerings.
Student demand for appointments is extremely high. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment and are not able to find an appointment option that fits your schedule, please call our Information Desk at (734) 764-7460.
Special Appointment Notes:
*** Appointments are reserved for current students/recent graduates (up to 18 months following graduation).
*** We may accommodate appointment requests from alumni, faculty, post docs, and community members for a fee during off-peak months only. Click here to view our appointment options, rates, and payment instructions.
*** Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you can not attend. See our no-show policy for information about missing scheduled appointments with Career Center staff. In addition, we are only able to hold one appointment at a time to allow fair access to appointments for all students.