Coaching and Counseling
- Resume/Cover Letter Reviews
- Undergraduates and Recent Graduates: Please attend our Resume Labs specifically designed for you. See below. You can also take advantage of our online resume resources (VMOCK and Targeted Resume) and connect with your school/college for individual resume assistance.
- Graduate and Professional Students: Have your resumes and cover letters reviewed at any stage of the writing process 1-on-1.
- Exploring Career or Major Options
- Preparation beyond the Classroom for Med/Health/Law/Grad School*
- * For graduate/professional school application questions/advising, contact the appropriate academic advisors and faculty in your school/college/department.
- Job Search and Gap Year Strategies
- Connecting with Professionals on LinkedIn and UCAN
- Handshake Overview
- Interviewing: Tips and Strategies
- Interviewing: Mock Interview
- Negotiating and Evaluating Offers
Resume Lab, Internship Lab, and Job Search Labs- Get a jump start on your resume and internship/job search with real-time, personalized help. Labs are your one-stop shop to get to work! Resume labs and Internship Labs are specifically designed for undergraduate students. Labs are offered multiple times per week during the Fall and Winter Semesters.
- Offered daily from 8am-5pm by video chat, phone, or in person.
- Check out Handshake for a complete list of appointment availability, labs, workshops, programs, and group offerings.
Student demand for appointments is extremely high. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment and are not able to find an option that fits your schedule, please email our Information Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternatives such as labs, workshops, group sessions, and online resources.
Special Appointment Notes:
*** Appointments are reserved for current students/recent graduates. Recent graduates can access appointments for 2 years after their graduation date.
*** Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you cannot attend. See our no-show policy for information about missing scheduled appointments with University Career Center staff. In addition, we are only able to hold two appointments at a time and only one appointment per day to allow fair access to appointments for all students.
*** Plan to arrive on time for your appointment to maximize your interaction with your Career Coach. Appointments will be cancelled if you have not arrived by the halfway mark of your appointment.