The key to successful recruiting is building and maintaining a strong presence on campus. In addition to posting positions, attending career expos and hosting campus interviews and information sessions, consider the following strategies to engage students and enhance your brand. Above all, be creative in your approach and highlight what sets your organization apart!
- Make the most of your Handshake profile by including a complete company description, detailed job postings, profile pictures, and social media handles. Be sure to highlight awards, company culture, service commitment, perks, and what makes your organization attractive to young professionals
- Keep students engaged during your recruiting process through timely communication and adhering to your deadlines
- Participate in University Career Center events such as resume reviews, networking nights, mock interviews, case workshops, and informational interviews through UCAN
- Leverage your organization's U-M alumni in all your efforts
- Consider offering students hands-on experiences such as job shadowing, site visits, industry boot camps, and competitions
- Hire interns to build a pipeline for future recruitment and engage these students as your ambassadors on campus
- Explore 1,400+ student organizations on campus and connect with relevant groups to share your industry expertise
- Become a University Career Center Employer Partner to address your specific hiring needs with a member of our Employer Relations team
- Consider all majors, degree levels, and work authorizations when recruiting. HireBlue provides contacts throughout our network of campus career offices. If you need assistance navigating the campus landscape, contact the University Career Center
We are always excited to help employers better connect and engage with our students. Reach out to your designated industry contact to discuss ways your brand can have an impact at Michigan.