No-Show policy for appointments with University Career Center staff
When a student fails to show up for a scheduled appointment, it negatively impacts their fellow students’ access to University Career Center appointments. With a finite number of appointments available each week, and an increasing demand for these appointment times, it is unacceptable for students to no-show for appointments with University Career Center staff or guest advisors. Due to the professional nature of University Career Center appointments, the following policy will be enforced when a client fails to show up for a scheduled University Career Center appointment.
- If you no-show for a scheduled appointment with a Career Coach, you may receive an e-mail informing you that you have missed a scheduled appointment, and that a second appointment no-show on your part will result in the loss of your ability to schedule further appointments on-line, for the semester.
- If you no-show for a scheduled appointment with a Career Coach a second time, your ability to schedule appointments will be rescinded for the remainder of the semester that your second no-show occurred. In addition, your access to Handshake will be blocked for that same semester.
Third No-Show/Subsequent No-Show in same academic year
- If you no-show for a scheduled appointment with a Career Coach a third/subsequent time, your ability to schedule appointments and utilize Handshake will be rescinded for the remainder of the academic year. You may still attend University Career Center programs and Events.
- No-shows will be reset/cleared at the start of each academic year and will not carry over from year to year.
- In order to regain your ability to utilize these services, you must meet with our Assistant Director for Counseling and Advising Services to discuss your no-shows and request your access be reinstated.
- A no-show is considered any appointment in which a student fails to attend without calling to cancel (up to the start of the appointment time).
- There is a separate policy for no-show appointments with guest employer, organization representatives and non-University Career Center staff that have been scheduled via the University Career Center.