Workforce Recruitment Program
What is WRP?
WRP is a federal government sponsored recruitment and referral program that connects college students and recent graduates with disabilities to paid summer internships and full-time positions. WRP is managed by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense’s Office of Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity (ODMEO).
What are the Benefits of WRP?
- You can get connected to paid internships and full-time positions with federal and private sector employers.
- You will have a supportive community to help you develop your skills for future employment
- You will learn how to market skills to employers
Who is Eligible for WRP?
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Are eligible for hiring under the Schedule A Hiring Authority
- Is a current, full-time, degree-seeking, post-secondary student, unless they are taking a reduced course load due to a disability OR
- Is in their final semester.
- Individuals who met the preceding requirements while enrolled, but have graduated within one year of the release of the database each December, are also eligible.
- Candidates who graduated prior to April 2020, are NOT eligible to participate this year.
Because the federal government sponsors this program, all participants must be United States citizens.
This program is intended to assist people with disabilities that substantially limit activities of daily living in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended.
If you have questions please contact Joelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates and Information
Application Registration is open starting August 22, 2022.
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 11th 12:00 PM EST
Informational interview period: Monday, October 24 –
Wednesday, November 16
Please Note: If you have questions please email Joelle Fundaro Randall, email@example.com.