As an Out for Work Gold Certified Career Center, we are committed to creating an open and safe space for University of Michigan students who identify as LGBTQ. When transitioning to the workplace, whether for a job or internship, students might encounter questions like:
- Should I disclose my sexual orientation to an employer?
- When is it a good time to disclose my sexual orientation to an employer?
- How do I know if an environment is safe?
- Are there going to be other people who identify as LGBTQ in my new community? How do I find them?
UCC offers guidance, support, and resources to students who are thinking about these questions and others. Schedule an appointment online to meet with a career coach, or check out our additional web-resources for more information.
Job Search Resources
- ProGay jobs A site designed to help the Gay/Lesbian job seeker find a position with a company committed to diversity in the workplace
- Simply Hired's Work it "Out" Search for positions with LGBT friendly organizations
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce The NGLCC is the largest global not-for-profit advocacy organization dedicated to expanding the economic opportunities and advancements of the LGBT business community
- Movement Advancement Project Shows which states/local governments include sexual orientation and/or gender identity or expression in their non-discrimination policies
- The Pipeline Project Internship Program