The University Career Center's Recruiting Team is committed to assisting employers build and market their opportunities to students. Below are several key ways to showcase your organization including at major on-campus events such as the Fall and Winter Career Expo. Have questions or want to discuss further partnership strategies? We welcome you to contact us!
Fall/Winter Expo Sponsorship
Expo Day Sponsor: Expo Day sponsorship includes registration fee, Expo business cards advertising your sponsorship, high visibility table location, special nametags and table sign; listing as event sponsor in all pre-event publicity. Available for 2 organizations. Cost: $3,000.
Student Ready Room: The #1 request from students attending Expo! The Ready Room includes space for students to make final preparations for Expo and a coat check. Sponsorship includes a listing in the student handout and signage outside the room featuring your organization logo. Available for 3 organizations. Cost: $350.
Expo Student Networking Opportunities
Resume Review Nights: Introduce students to your organization and share the employer perspective as student prepare for the Expo. Join us on select evenings leading up to our Expos. No charge to employers to participate. Please contact Tyler Wang (email@example.com) to register your organization for this event.
Career Crawl: Career "Crawls" are a chance to connect with students in lively and informal setting! Structured as a speed networking round-robin, small groups of students rotate through tables featuring representatives (preferably Michigan alums) from a variety of Expo organizations. Share information about your organization, career path and tips for Expo success! The "Crawl" takes place the evening before the first day of the Winter and Fall Expo and fills fast. Please contact Tyler Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your organization for this event.
Additional Partnership Opportunities
Employer Spotlight: Showcase your company and recruiting opportunities to Michigan students via a personalized page on the University Career Center's website.
Some of the "Employer Spotlight's" unique advantages include:
- A comprehensive "at a glance" of your recruiting calendar for Fall, Winter, or both
- A chance to showcase Michigan alumni working at your organization
- Prominently featuring "Spotlighted" employers via links on our homepage, and on other University Career Center pages where students are exploring relevant industries
- Appearance of your organization's logo and link to your careers page
- A highly visible platform to share more about your organization with our website's more than 340,000 annual visitors
Space is limited for organizations and taken on a first come basis. ($1,000/semester or $1,500 for both terms). See a recent example here.
Sponsorship of University Career Center programs: Engage with students and gain exposure for opportunities with your organization by sponsoring one of our many program or workshop series including: Resume Review Nights, Networking Nights, Mock Interviews and Case Workshops, or an Immersion. (Cost ranges depending on event)
Additional Campus Branding
The key to successful recruiting is building and maintaining a strong presence on campus. In addition to posting positions, attending career fairs and hosting campus interviews/information sessions, the following tips and opportunities can help establish and grow your brand with students.
- Spotlight Michigan hires at your organization: as a featured Alumni Profile, share "Advice from Alums" in a guest post or featured video, or participate in a Career Crawl.
- Co-sponsor and participate in University Career Center workshops such as resume review nights, networking nights, mock interviews or case workshops
- Leverage your social media presence by participating as a featured employer in our Live Twitter Chats on select Tuesdays throughout the academic year
- To maximize student exposure, be sure your upcoming events and opportunities are posted on Handshake.
- Host an Immersion, an on-site company visit for Michigan students
- Hire interns to fuel full-time hiring for the future, and spotlight their internship experience
- Connect with relevant student groups and/or academic departments. The University Career Center can provide suggestions and contacts
- Become a University Career Center partner via highly visible financial contributions that help the University Career Center expand services and resources
- Advertise in the student newspaper, The Michigan Daily
- Consider all majors, degree levels, and work authorizations when recruiting. HireBlue provides the full scope of campus career offices.
- Be creative in your approach and consider showcasing to students what is unique about your organization
We are always excited to help employers better connect and engage with our students. Reach out to our Recruiting Team to discuss ways your brand can have an impact at Michigan.