“What questions do you have for me?” The perfect time in an interview to continue to assess if this job is a good fit for you — if you’re ready to take advantage of it. You should always have questions prepared to ask the interviewer, based on what you need to know to assess the opportunity.
Below are some questions you may want to ask.
- Why is this position open?
- Could you please describe what my typical work day may be like?
- How would you describe the organization’s culture?
- What is the training schedule and process for this position?
- What are the department’s goals for this year?
- How is feedback on my job performance given?
- What do you think is the greatest opportunity facing the organization in the near future? the biggest threat?
- What do you enjoy about working for this organization? What attracted you to it?
- How are new ideas and feedback solicited from staff?
- What kind of professional development opportunities would be available to me?
- When do you expect to make a decision?