Do you want to get hired for an internship or full-time position? If so, it's a good week to be on campus and to be active during the first half of the internship & job recruitment season.
Over 150 organizations will be on campus this week to meet you and other Michigan students. They're looking for interns and full-time hires. Here are some tips & strategies to help you prepare.
Fall Job & Internship Fair (Different Companies Each Day)
Tuesday, September 25th & Wednesday, September 26th | 2PM - 6PM | Michigan League
This is for you if you're interested in a variety of jobs & internships across business functions such as HR, marketing, finance, and logistics. It’s also for you if you’re interested in rotational programs.
Amazon, American Express, Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Cleveland Indians, Corning, the Defense Intelligence Agency, DTE, Fiat Chrysler, Foxconn, Grainger, Hudson's Bay Company, Michigan Medicine, Morningstar, Nielsen, Oracle, PNC, Procter & Gamble, Qualtrics, Quicken, UNIQLO, Sparrow Health System, StockX, TFA, the Madison Square Garden Company, Thomson Reuters, United Airlines, and Venture for America are a few of the organizations that will attend the Fall Job & Internship Fair.
Non-Profit, Government & Gap Year Fair
Friday, September 28th | 10AM - 2PM | Michigan League
This is for you if you're interested in public service and nonprofit jobs/internships or gap year opportunities.
The City of Detroit, City Year, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), FoodCorps, the Michigan Department of Transportation, the National Immigration Forum, Peace Corps, TFA, and Urban Teachers are a few of the organizations that will attend the Nonprofit, Government and Policy Career Fair.
Michigan is a huge campus. It can be difficult to find people who share common interests and goals.
There are student orgs but those usually require a commitment that lasts months.
If you only have a day or two but still want to meet people that share your interests then we have fun get away trips called Immersions that are designed to help you do that and more.
Immersions are field trips where you and other Michigan students get a chance to explore cool companies and meet new people.
Those people include Michigan alumni as well as other professionals who work at cool companies.
These trips can help you stand out in your internship/job search because of the people you meet and the knowledge you gain.
Transportation from Ann Arbor to Chicago (and back) is provided by the University Career Center.
So whether you’re looking to get hired or just want to learn more about what it's like to work in Chicago or at certain companies or industries, you’ll have that opportunity over Fall Break — as well as the opportunity to meet new people and make great connections along the way.
***** The deadline to apply to the Fall Break Immersions is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH *****
Other upcoming immersions:
- Steelcase (Design) Grand Rapids, MI - Friday, October 12th - sign up opens on Monday, September 24th in Handshake!
- USFDA (PhD students) Detroit, MI - Friday, November 9th - sign up opens on Monday, October 22nd in Handshake!
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra (Arts) Detroit, MI - Friday, December 7th - sign up opens on Monday, November 12th in Handshake!
Events This Week
- Sept 24th: Sign up for a time slot to meet with Kraft Heinz to learn about internship and full-time opportunities (11AM)
- Sept 24th: Drop-in during the Elevator Pitch Lab to get feedback on making a great first impression when networking or meeting recruiters at a fair (1PM)
- Sept 24th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (3PM)
- Sept 24th: Log in to hear a few McKinsey colleagues share their experience and advice they have for women in technology (5PM)
- Sept 24th: Learn about Nielsen’s Analyst Associate position and their Emerging Leaders Program during their info session (5PM)
- Sept 24th: Learn about career and internship opportunities at Reckitt Benckiser (the company behind Lysol, Woolite, Mucinex, and others) (5PM)
- Sept 24th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (5PM)
- Sept 24th: Meet Walmart’s eCommerce team and learn about opportunities in tech, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent acquisition, and more during their networking event (5PM)
- Sept 24th: Meet Michigan alumni and other professionals who work at Kraft Heinz while learning about their Corporate Management Trainee Program (6PM)
- Sept 24th: Learn about full-time and summer internship opportunities at the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency's info session (7PM)
- Sept 24th: Attend NERA Economic Consulting’s info session to learn about their intern and full-time Research Associate positions (7PM)
- Sept 25th: Hear from current employees and learn about internship opportunities during JP Morgan Chase & Co’s Diversity Networking event (6PM)
- Sept 25th: Stop by Pizza House to talk to reps from Acumen about their full-time and internship opportunities (FREE pizza and swag) (7PM)
- Sept 25th: Network with Bloomingdale executives and learn about career opportunities (7PM)
- Sept 26th: Women's Breakfast: join women from JP Morgan Chase & Co to learn about their roles and experiences along with internship opportunities (8AM)
- Sept 26th: Stop by Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea to chat with the lead recruiter for Urban Teachers (10AM)
- Sept 26th: Learn about IBM’s summer intern program for Marketing and Data Analytics during their virtual info session (view in Handshake) (5PM)
- Sept 26th: First generation students, get connected to other students and resources on campus during the First Gen Fair (5:30PM)
- Sept 26th: First-year students, learn what employers look for in interns and what you need to do to get an internship (6PM)
- Sept 26th: Eat food from Zingerman while learning about internship & full-time opportunities from the Founder/President of Sycamore Growth Group (6PM)
- Sept 26th: Hear what it’s like to work at one of the world’s most decorated distilleries which includes a number of award-winning brands (6:30PM)
- Sept 26th: See what a career at Anheuser-Busch is like during their on-campus info session (8PM)
- Sept 27th: Sign up for a 30 minute one-on-one session with a Venture For America alum who’s now a talent team member (10AM)
- Sept 27th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (3PM)
- Sept 27th: Learn about internship and full-time roles at AlphaSights from Michigan alumni and recruiters (6PM)
- Sept 27th: Find out what a career in trading is like by learning about Chimera Securities’ Trader Trainee Program (6:30PM)
- Sept 28th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (2PM)
- Sept 30th: Attend a special UMICH student shopping event at JCPenny where you can get up to 70% off professional clothing (6:30PM)
To see other events related to internships, jobs, and general career exploration, please visit our Upcoming Events page. All of the upcoming events are also listed in Handshake as well as on the Happening @ Michigan events calendar.