Law Day is a great way to connect with a large number of law schools right here on campus! Law Day offers something for everyone:
Juniors / Seniors:
- Learn about specific programs from law school representatives
- Collect application and financial aid information
- Get tips on personal statements, applications, and reference letters
Freshmen / Sophomores
- Ask questions about undergrad coursework and extra-curricular activities
- Explore law school options
- Build networks for the future
Attire is business casual. No pre-registration necessary. Registration is on-site the day of the event. Bring your student ID.
Don't miss the chance to speak with representatives from ~100 law schools and law-related organizations!
You might want to consider taking a career assessment if you want help evaluating/weighing options you've been considering.
Assessements are meant to assist you when deciding on what you want to do ⏤ rather than directing or informing you of what you should do.
They take and compare your answers with others. And they can be helpful in shedding light on particular areas that you may have never thought about before.
Consider taking Clifton Strengths if you're wondering:
- What your natural talents are and how they can relate to career options
- How you can leverage your talents in different responsibilities
It takes 45 minutes and costs $10
Consider taking Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) if you're wondering:
- What your personality type says about tasks that you may enjoy and/or environments that you might like to work in
- How your personality type impacts group dynamics
It takes 45-60 minutes and costs $20
Consider taking Strong Interest Inventory (SII) if you're wondering:
- How your interests relate to your possible career options
- What potential skills and interests you should explore
It takes 45-60 minutes and costs $20
(Note: If you want to take a particular assessment and have some financial concerns please contact us at 734- 764-7460)
Is this your first year on campus? If yes, then here's the scoop: we know you're going to need a resume.
Looking for a research opportunity? Thinking about a summer job? Want to work on campus?
We want to help you so that you're prepared with an AWESOME resume.
So far 691 students have uploaded their resume to VMOCK, or attended a resume lab, as part of the first year resume challenge. Will you be next?
It's easy. Follow these three steps to join:
- Go to vmock.com/michigan and login through your umich account.
- Upload a PDF version of your resume.
- Get instantaneous feedback from the comfort of your room!
Don't have a resume yet? Not sure where to start? Not ready to upload a draft? That's ok.
Good Luck and Go Blue!
Events This Week
- Oct 8th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (2PM)
- Oct 9th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (5PM)
- Oct 10th: Go online and hear from a IT leader at UPS during their virtual information session (1:30PM)
- Oct 10th: Learn about developer/technical internships and full-time positions during IBM’s tech talks (4PM)
- Oct 10th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (5PM)
- Oct 10th: First-year students, learn what employers look for in interns and what you need to do to get an internship (6PM)
- Oct 10th: Join the Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center during their online info session to learn about careers as a community organizer (7PM)
- Oct 11th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (12PM)
- Oct 11th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (1PM)
- Oct 11th: International students, learn how to navigate the U.S. job search process (3PM)
- Oct 11th: Hear from Dr. Barnosky and learn how to tackle ethical questions during med school interviews (3PM)
- Oct 11th: Attend Harvard Business School’s info session to learn about programs that may be of interest to you (7PM)
- Oct 12th: Join the Cicero Group’s online info session to learn about strategy consulting opportunities (10AM)
- Oct 12th: Hear from renown choreographer Alan Good during a special master class (12PM)
To see other events related to internships, jobs, and general career exploration, please visit our Upcoming Events page. All of the upcoming events are also listed in Handshake as well as on the Happening @ Michigan events calendar.