If you're interested in getting hired to intern/volunteer/teach/work abroad then the International Opportunities Fair on Wednesday October 24th is an event you should check out.
Speak with professionals and find opportunities in a variety of fields.
You can also learn about study abroad programs as well as graduate school programs that have international components.
International Opportunities Fair
4:00 - 7:00 PM
Don't miss this chance to explore the world through these exciting opportunities. Take a look now so you know what's available before coming to the fair.
If you’re the type of person who values having a safe space to practice in before the real thing then you should take advantage of the FREE mock interviews offered by the University Career Center.
It’s typically better to work out your nerves and see how you perform prior to when it matters most.
During a mock interview you'll go through a practice interview with someone who will play the role of the interviewer.
Afterwards you'll get feedback on how you did ⏤ including what you did well and any areas that you can improve upon.
You'll also get tips & insights on the 'why' behind the questions being asked.
When you understand why you're being asked certain questions you'll have a much better chance of answering in a way that helps you stand out from others while also providing the interviewer with the information that they're looking for.
For example, 'Tell me about a weakness' has less to do with an actual weakness and more to do with you having self-awareness and having done something to overcome / mitigate that weakness.
And it doesn’t matter if you’re a freshman or a senior. As long as you're a current student, you can schedule an appointment for a mock interview and receive in-person feedback.
So use it. That way you’ll know what to fix, be better prepared, and feel a heck of a lot more confident when it comes time to make the case to a recruiter as to why they should hire you.
Events This Week
- Oct 23rd: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (1PM)
- Oct 23rd: Bring your resume to an on-site interview for Ascension Borgess Hospital's rapid interview event (3PM)
- Oct 23rd: Considering a gap year? Hear what factors you should consider and learn about resources available to you (3PM)
- Oct 23rd: Learn ways to communicate your strengths and personal story during the 'Build Your Brand: Latinx Heritage' workshop (5PM)
- Oct 23rd: Take part in a client project workshop so you can learn about skills needed to solve typical GLG projects (5PM)
- Oct 24th: Learn about West Virginia's School of Osteopathic Medicine program (12PM)
- Oct 24th: Learn about the MMI interview format if you're thinking about applying to medical, dental, pharmacy, or veterinary school (3PM)
- Oct 24th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (5PM)
- Oct 24th: First-year students, learn what employers look for in interns and what you need to do to get an internship (6PM)
- Oct 25th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (3PM)
- Oct 25th: Thinking about applying to law school? Get application tips from Northwestern, UC Berkeley, NYU, UT Austin, and USC admission reps (3:30PM)
- Oct 25th: Seniors, learn about Edelman's 12-month rotation program if you're interested in gaining exposure to the communications marketing field (5PM)
- Oct 26th: Thinking about law school? Attend a mock law class with Prof. Richard Broughton ⏤ lunch provided (12PM)
- Oct 26th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (2PM)
- Oct 26th: Network with Deloitte while also learning about their internship roles and what a 'day in the life' of a Summer Scholar is like (4PM)
- Oct 27th: Take part in a coding meets e-sports competition where you can earn cash prizes and job opportunities (11AM)
To see other events related to internships, jobs, and general career exploration, please visit our Upcoming Events page. All of the upcoming events are also listed in Handshake as well as on the Happening @ Michigan events calendar.