We're pretty excited about career assessments because it's a chance for you and other students to:
- Discover your natural talents and how those can related to a career
- See how your interests and personality influence the type of roles, environments, and organizations you might enjoy working in
Learning about one of the most important topics in your life (i.e., yourself) and reflecting on what you discover can go a long way in helping you narrow down what it is that you want to do.
And it's also helpful when talking to friends and family who ask you what you want to do.
Plus it's chance for us to get to know more about you and how we can be there for you while you explore internships/jobs and potential career paths.
Consider taking Clifton Strengths if you're wondering:
- What your natural talents are and how they can relate to career options
- How you can leverage your talents in different responsibilities
It takes 45 minutes and costs $10
Consider taking Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) if you're wondering:
- What your personality type says about tasks that you may enjoy and/or environments that you might like to work in
- How your personality type impacts group dynamics
It takes 45-60 minutes and costs $20
Consider taking Strong Interest Inventory (SII) if you're wondering:
- How your interests relate to your possible career options
- What potential skills and interests you should explore
It takes 45-60 minutes and costs $20
(Note: If you want to take a particular assessment and have some financial concerns please contact us at 734- 764-7460)
- If you want feedback on how to get past something that's holding you back ⏤ we're here for you.
- If you want assistance finding people to speak to or opportunities to apply for ⏤ we're here for you.
- If you want help figuring out how your major or your experiences relate to a career ⏤ we're here for you.
- If you want specific answers to questions about your resume, cover letter, personal statement, salary offer, start date, you name it ⏤ we're here for you.
- If you just want someone to bounce ideas off of ⏤ we're here for you.
There are a lot of questions & topics related to your internship/job search, your graduate/professional school plans, and any of the time you plan on taking between school and your career ⏤ and we're here for it all.
You can meet with us in-person, by phone, or by Google Hangout. And depending on what you want to chat about, the advising session will last 20-40 minutes.
Events This Week
- Nov 13th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (5PM)
- Nov 14th: Learn about Camp Matoaka's paid summer instructor opportunities during their on-campus recruiting event (10AM)
- Nov 14th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (3PM)
- Nov 14th: Join the Miami Dolphins during their on-campus info session to hear about full-time and internship opportunities (5:30PM)
- Nov 15th: Work on creating or improving your resume during Resume Lab (4PM)
- Nov 15th: Speak w/ Development Professionals at the Office of University Development's Career Chat event feat. one-on-one resume reviews, networking, & speed interviewing (5:30PM)
- Nov 16th: Drop in during the virtual career fair for tech and digital creatives who want to work in Detroit (11AM)
- Nov 16th: Attend the U-M School of Nursing Career Fair (11:30AM)
- Nov 16th: Drop in during Internship Lab to get help with searching for and applying to internships (2PM)
To see other events related to internships, jobs, and general career exploration, please visit our Upcoming Events page. All of the upcoming events are also listed in Handshake as well as on the Happening @ Michigan events calendar.