The Career Center offers multiple resources and services to students preparing for a career in law. Even though you may have been flying solo up to this point in your law school preparation--or only consulted with your pre-law and/or concentration advisor--remember that the Career Center staff has specific expertise to coach you through the application process. As you get ready to apply to law school, we can help you:
- Understand the overall application process
- Determine your application timeline
- Build a strong file with letters of reference in support of your application
- Develop ideas and criteria to target schools
- Field questions about your applications
- Brainstorm for and review your application essays
- Choose among multiple acceptances or make contingency plans
To receive periodic e-mails about issues surrounding preparation for and application to law school, relevant upcoming events, etc., sign up for our law school interest list. (UM authentication required to register.)
Individualized appointments may be scheduled online or over the phone at (734) 764-7460. If you are away from Ann Arbor, phone appointments may be arranged.
The Career Center's Reference Letter Service allows you to build a file with letters of reference while at UM and beyond. For specific questions about this service, contact the Reference Letter Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 764-7459.