*Upcoming* WINTER IMMERSIONS
- Shinola | 3/13 - Detroit (application opens 2/12)
- Quicken Loans | 3/13 - Detroit (application opens 2/12)
- Deloitte Consulting | 3/27 - Detroit (application opens 2/26)
What are Immersions?
An Immersion is a unique opportunity to learn about an industry by visiting an organization's workplace. In a small group setting (~15), students will engage with professionals, be welcomed by staff, tour the company and explore their interests by experiencing a typical workday.
Immersions are half-day, on-site trips to companies and organizations. Each semester The Career Center regularly hosts Immersions focused on a diverse range of industries.
*Subscribe to UMImmersions email group*
Students have the chance to ask questions to professionals in the field, go “behind the scenes” of a fashion boutique, work through a case study, role play real world problems, develop a PR pitch, create a business plan, network with Michigan alums, and find out about potential job and internship opportunities.
Since Immersions started in 2008, students have explored more than 30 different types of industries through visiting over 50 companies. Immersions have taken place around south east Michigan, but have expanded nation-wide as of the summer of 2013 to cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City.
How to Apply!
Applications for Immersions can be found throughout the semester via The Career Center Connector.
- Log on to your C3 account using your UMICH username and password (if you have not set up your C3 profile you will need to do so before being able to search and apply)
- Make sure you have your resume uploaded in your "Documents" tab
To apply and find out more about each Immersion:
1. Go to the "Fairs/Events" tab on your Career Center Connector homepage
2. Search for "Immersion" and fill out the registration form AND submit your resume in the Opt-in Resume book found under the "Documents" tab.
*you must complete both steps for your application to be considered
NOTE: Due to the high interest of students to attend Immersions, students may be limited to only attending one immersion per semester.
Still have questions about Immersions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org